MEDCAL N single phase network analyzer is an advanced power quality monitor, specifically designed for Power Quality studies. It is extremely easy to configure and setup, with no external switches or settings.
Covering the requirements of EN-50160, it is the first single-phase monitor able to fully implement the recommendations of EN-61000-4-7 harmonics measurement standard.
Unlike other analysers, every cycle is considered in the calculation of harmonic voltage amplitudes. MEDCAL N single phase network analyzer also includes an advanced transient detection capability on the voltage channels.
The voltage waveform will be recorded whenever there is a distortion on the instantaneous voltage.
MEDCAL N can store, under normal conditions, more than three months of recordings without external intervention.
The absence of any mechanical elements makes the instrument extremely robust and reliable.
The included USB interface and cable allows direct communication with a PC. It is also possible to connect a standard modem in order to operate a remote MEDCAL N.
MEDCALScope PC software is included with every instrument at no additional cost. It allows an exhaustive analysis of the recorded data, saving it for later use, and exporting it to other applications, as well as checking compliance with power quality standards.
MEDCAL N Single Phase Network Analyzer Characteristics
Two RMS voltage channels
- The first channel is fixed to measure line-to-neutral voltage.
- Optionally, it is possible to setup the instrument so phase-to-ground and neutral-to-ground voltages are also recorded.
- Voltage RMS value. Maximum, average and minimum values. Programmable calculation period between 1 second and 60 minutes
- Voltage frequency measurement. Maximum, average and minimum frequency recordings for every calculation period
- Voltage Harmonics amplitudes up to 63th order
- Short term (PST) and long term (PLT) flicker
- Voltage dips and peaks. Parameters: Duration, maximum or minimum voltage reached and exact time of the event
- RMS event profiles
- Rapid voltage variations
- Voltage interruptions. Duration and event time
- Voltage transient detection. Voltage waveform is recorded. Optionally, the waveform of the second voltage channel may be also recorded
- Displays registered values in spreadsheet and graphic format
- Produces automatic printed reports
- Perform statistical calculations on acquired data, in order to verify compliance with power quality standards
- Export data in ASCII format
- RMS Voltage Resolution: 0.125 Volts
- RMS Voltage Range: 0 to 256 Volts
- RMS Voltage Precision: 0.5% of end-of-scale
- Instantaneous voltage resolution for transient recording: 12 bits
- Measuring method: True RMS calculation
- Harmonic amplitude precision: 0.1% relative to fundamental
- Maximum harmonics recording order: up to 63th harmonic
- Frequency precision: 0.02 Hz
- Frequency measurement range: 48.4 to 51.6Hz
- Sampling frequency: 32 kHz per channel (640samples/cycle at 50 Hz)
- Internal Memory capacity: More than 3months under normal conditions
- Communication: USB, 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Internal clock precision: 1 second / month
- Power consumption: 1 W
- Weight: 200 gr
- Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm
- Operating temperature: -10 ºC to + 65 ºC
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90%
- PC compatible Pentium processor or higher
- 256 MB RAM Memory
- 3 MB free space on the Hard Drive
- One USB port
- Operating system: Windows 2000™ or Windows XP™